- Self-applied therapy can be a powerful stepping stone towards change.
- Our courses teach you what to, how to, and when to apply it.
- We know that resolution IS possible and a "brain-chemical imbalance" is a myth.
- Our courses are designed to Empower YOU to create profound transformative change in your mental health.
- We strive to educate towards growth rather than dependency on an outside source for your healing.
- Courses can be easy to share with your loved ones so everyone is on the same page when it comes to growth and mental health.
To Design quality Mental Health Education for Symptom Resolution and Transformative Life Change.
- Nurture the Power of Choice
- Empower individuals to take ownership of their mental health
- To encourage a Focal Point beyond a Label
- Deconstruct binaries and untangle conceptual perception from experiential perception
- Change the Mental Health landscape from symptom management to pattern resolution.
Accessibility is complex to achieve. There are many nuances when it comes to providing care, but also when it comes to potential patient readiness to accept care.
Accessibility is sometimes limited by readiness, ability, understanding, or even awareness of resources. This means we need more steps to build a bridge between person in-need and provider. And guess what? It doesn't always have to be face to face.
Launching Telehealth in 2019 allowed me the experince of providing care to persons in-need of mental health services, who otherwise never would have left their homes. The reasoning and ability varied, but Telehealth provided a bridge for accessibility.
Sometimes, meeting or building a connection with any provider IS the challenge. Which can be riddled with social nuance. Yes, providers can be guilty of withholding information, creating a power dynamic that feels uncomfortable to both sides. I seek to break this cycle and create a new dynamic. I choose to see and trust my patients as able. Therefore share what I know and find ways to provide clear, digestible information regardless of education gap. Knowledge is the power to change your situation for yourself. I am just a guide. You are the one with the power to transform your life. This is the idea behind the Terra Dusa Academy for Integrative Growth. Learn about therapy and apply it for yourself. Doing so, creates an understanding of value through experince--AND a better idea of what you may want out of a therapeutic connection or even therapist skill set and traits.
Nurturing your power of choice is what allows you to define your sense of self and decide how you would like to move forward and design your life. Without a certain level of it, the decision to seek further therapeutic help, such as being with a provider face to face, will be difficult. Or even impossible. A provider doesn't have the answer--YOU DO. In order for your time with your chosen provider to be the most effective, this understanding is IMPERATIVE.
I've designed this resource to accomplish just that, highlight your power of choice.
See you in class!